Don’t you love those moments when you’re at a thrift store (or yard sale, estate sale, or wherever, really!) and you see something amazing?
Well, that’s what happened to me the other day when I was perusing my local thrift store, kids in tow, while I looked for something “GET ORGANIZED” stuff (more on that later…..).
And look what my wondering eyes should see, but this beauty of a vintage sunburst clock!!!
The Good News:
- It was only $5.00!!
- I’ve never seen anything like it! (Okay, well, I’ve seen sunburts clocks, but not quite like THIS….)
- Apparently, it’s from the 1960’s! Awesome! So unique, guys!
The Bad News:
- It was missing one of its orange “sunbursts” on the right side, but honestly, no one would even notice until you tell them!
- I bought it on a Saturday. (READ: It was not a 25% off day. HAHAHA, so I “over paid” for it.)
- I’m not even sure it works. But I can always fix it, right? And for being so cute, just hanging it up would suffice for me 🙂
How Much Is it Worth?
I have no clue! I’ve done some searches tonight and am finding that this is apparently a 1960’s Metamac vintage clock. Anyone know if Metamac is the brand name? Or the style? I found this one that looks very similar in the star bursts:
And another cool one I saw while researching….
Mine’s probably a “cheapie” knock-off because it doesn’t look to be such “high end quality.” But it’s so cool that that wouldn’t even matter.
Now if only I can figure out where to put it….LOL
So what do you guys think?? Total score??!
Leave a comment and let me know what you think!