This is DAY 3 in the 31 Days to a Fabulous Room Makeover Series. See the entire series HERE.
Yesterday was DAY 2: Planning Your Room Makeover in the 31 Days to a Fabulous Room Makeover Series.
I hope that you’ve printed yesterday’s worksheet and planned how you want to use your room….thought about the look you want….and thought about some great color combos.
But you know what?
Sometimes you can’t see past the clutter to even get to that point in planning.
That’s why today is all about moving your clutter!
But it’s going to be more simple than you imagine.
I’m not going to ask you to sift through piles of junk (yet).
Instead, here’s what you’re going to do:
Yes, I want you to move any piles of crap from your space.
Move it to another space in your house and leave it there until the end of your 31 day room makeover.
This means you’ll have to deal with another area being hit with a hurricane of junk for a while.
But here’s the reasoning:
If you spend all this time decluttering in the beginning:
- …you’re likely to waste too much time on the decluttering and lose your motivation to tackle the decorating and improvements.
- …you may want to resist tossing stuff.
- …you may poop yourself out.
The Reason Why It’s Best to Declutter at the End of the 31 Days
By waiting until the end of your room makeover to declutter:
- …you’re able to get it out of sight, out of mind more quickly. You’ll feel more successful early on, not boggled down with clutter.
- …you’re more likely to want to get rid of things. After all that hard work on your space, you’re not going to want to pile junk and clutter back into your newly made over space.
Go Find a Clutter Cover!
Go find a space where you can move all the clutter.
And start moving it today!
If you don’t have clutter, well, good for you! You can use this day for extra planning time!
Don’t forget to get some clean pics of your room after everything has been cleared out!
(This is what my laundry room looked like after I moved all the clutter from the floor, counter, and from the cabinets! A blank slate–just what I needed!)
With everything moved out, I could jump in immediately.
I loved the blank slate!
Good luck with moving your clutter today!
Stay tuned for tomorrow, DAY 4: Plan Your Materials and Budget in this 31 Days to a Fabulous Room Makeover Series.
If you’re new to this series, you can START HERE.