25 Random Facts About Me
2. I used to eat glass and catch bumblebees in my hands when I was 5.
3. My mother picked my middle name from her shoe because she needed a name–QUICK!–before leaving the hospital. I prefer to think of Chandelle as it means in french, though: “candle.”
4. I delivered my first 2 babies with ZERO pain meds. Son #3 got drugged with an epidural ’cause Mommy didn’t “feel like” going through natural labor a third time.
5. I’m 5’10” tall.
6. Cheese pizza is my FAVORITE food, and I could eat pizza every day of the week if I didn’t have a family.
7. I haven’t eaten meat since 2000. Do I miss it? Not one bit!
8. I have been with my husband for 21 years. Married for 11 of those. That’s insane.
9. I still have my stack of journals starting from age 15!
10. I’m the only one on my mom’s side of the family to graduate from a 4-year university (I’ve got a BA in Psych).
11. My husband was born and raise in Ghana, West Africa, until he came over in the mid 80’s.
12. I’m biracial (black & white).
13. I want to learn how to ride a motorcycle.
14. I used to stay up until 2 a.m. every night but I turned my schedule upside down and now I go to bed by 10 p.m. and get up at 4 a.m. daily. It’s helped my productivity tremendously!
15. I taught myself how to sew after graduating college. I used to make baby clothes, baby carriers, cloth diapers–you name it! I also taught myself how to knit.
16. Gross things made me laugh. There’s nothing “ladylike” about me at all.
17. I wanted to be a cartoon artist when I was a kid. I used to draw everything from Rainbow Bright, the Berenstain Bears, to the Care Bears–everything. Usually from books and comics. And the Pink Panther, too! Here’s one I did when I was 10 years old:
18. I made a list of “100 Things to Do Before I Die.” #1 was to go hang gliding. Might need to revise that now that I’m a Mom….
19. I used to write poetry and blog it. Although I haven’t updated it in a while, the page is still up. I also have done open mic poetry.
20. I used to do oil paintings, like this landscape….
….and this portrait of my grandfather and his late wife. I love this painting so much that it’s inspiring me to take up painting again.
21. I will randomly break out in ridiculous dance in public places, just to make a fool of myself for laughs.
22. My two favorite places to go are to the thrift store and the library.
23. I suffer from heartburn. I’ve learned that the less carbs I eat, the less symptoms I have!
24. One of my favorite quotes is by Albert Einstein: “I have no real talents: I am only passionately curious.”
25. I’m obsessed with the color turquoise. I am finding that nearly every room in my house is becoming turquoise. 🙂
Now it’s your turn!
You should email me and share ONE INTERESTING THING about yourself! I’ll actually respond, too. 😉
Download the 5 freebies!
Thrift Diving inspires women to decorate, improve, and maintain their home themselves...using paint, power tools, and thrift stores! Use these 5 printables, checklists, and ebooks to get started!